Building next-generation mobile experience designed to better serve marketplace needs
What do Instagram, YouTube, Candy Crush Saga, Spotify and Groupon have in common? All of these popular, free apps now have at least 200 million downloads across iOS and Android, with Groupon now the latest to hit the download milestone.1
Groupon, the global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods, has seen significant mobile growth as more consumers shift to mobile shopping, which is expected to account for more than £200 billion in UK retail ecommerce sales in 2019 and represent the majority of all UK retail ecommerce spending by 2021.
“Groupon, very early on, recognized the disruptive potential of mobile and the power of what it could do for our business, consumers and local businesses,” said Jon Wilson, Groupon’s General Manager of National Brands and Groupon Live for EMEA. “We’re excited to continue to evolve our app to meet the demands of our ever-changing marketplace.”
Planned mobile improvements in 2019 include using Groupon’s proprietary data, machine learning and AI to improve discovery, relevance and service on the platform. Mobile is also a key enabler of Groupon’s booking and voucherless initiatives that make it easier for people to use their Groupons.
How big of a number is 200 million?
- The population of Germany, Spain and the United Kingdom combined
- Enough people to fill Wembley Stadium 2,222 times
- Total streams of “We Are the Champions” on Spotify as of March 21, 2019
- To download Groupon’s top-rated mobile apps, visit https://www.groupon.co.uk/mobile w
Latest posts by What Mobile (see all)
- Introducing Galaxy Note10: Designed to Bring Passions to Life with Next-Level Power - 22:47, 7 Aug 2019
- EE adds Amazon Prime Video and Gamer’s Data Pass to Smart Plan stable - 22:37, 7 Aug 2019
- Trinsic strikes IoT deal with Vodafone to connect Volvo cars - 22:33, 7 Aug 2019