Do you know there are 2.71 billion users in the world today? The statistics sum up the picture that the world of wireless technology is here to stay. From digitised apparel shops to online essay writing services; each and every new-age trade, in today’s world, can be accessed by a Smartphone device. As a result, the demand for Smartphone devices keeps increasing with each passing day.
The gadget freaks are already on the lookout for foldable phones for seamless functionalities and easier operations.
Now, in case, you too are willing to grab foldable phones that offer vivid displays, extra-wide screens and advanced proximity sensors; then read this blog to know about the top six foldable phones to rule in 2019 and beyond.
Motorola Razr 2019
This takes us back to a nostalgia trip, remembering the good old days when Moto Razor made its presence felt in the year 2004. Cut to the chase, in 2019, the device is back with a bang with its all-new features, design and built. The phone is expected to launch in the month of December.
- Technology: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Body: Dual Sim
- Display: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- Platform: Android Pie
- Memory: microSD, up to 256 GB, internal – 64GB, 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GM RAM
- Main Camera: 12MP
- SELFIE Camera: 8MP
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint, proximity, compass, accelerometer
Moto Razor is expected to be available at a price starting from $1,500.
The brand new Razor 2019 is likely to make an impression of excellence with its foldable design and built, with an internal display. The display would work as a trackpad for activities such as scrolling through the menu screens and the likes. Apart from that, Razr’s clamshell design keeps it protected from external damage. Even though the phone is foldable, the iconic flip-phone structure shall keep the displays away from potential scratches.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
The impeccably new Samsung Galaxy Fold has launched this month, and I cannot wait to share its review with you guys. Let’s dig deeper.
- Network: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Body: Folded; 160.9 x 62.9 x 15.5 mm
- SIM: Nano sim, Electronic sim,
- Display: Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 7.3 inches, 162.6 cm2 (~85.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Platform: ANDROID Pie
- Memory: 512GB 12GB RAM
- Main Camera: 12MP (Triple)
- SELFIE Camera: 10MP (Dual)
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.55 jack
The 4G LTE version of the device starts at $1,980.
It seems that the techies at Samsung have spent a lot of time working on the dual-axis hinge. In addition to it, the device is absolutely user-friendly and gives you a tactile feel with a seamless movement between the slates. Designed to withstand more than 200,000 folds and unfolds, the structure and built of this foldable device seems to be a promising purchase for the gadget freaks across the globe.
HUAWEI MATE X
Talking of the best foldable phones to grab in 2019, this one certainly gets a special mention. The HUAWEI MATE X seems promising with some of the most intriguing and user-friendly features on board.
- Display: OLED
- Size: Folded; 6.6 inches for the front panel, and 6.38 inches for the back panel.
- Resolution: 2480 x 1148 for front panel, 2480 x 892 for back panel
- Platform: EMUI 9.1 (based on Android 9).
- Memory: 8 GB RAM + 512 GB ROM
- Camera: Leica Quad Camera; 40MP
- Sensors: Gravity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, Infrared sensor, colour temperature sensor
- Network: DUAL Sim support
The HUAWEI MATE X is available for $2,600.
The device is rated as the world’s first foldable 5G Smartphone. Even though the X Mate is heavier than other standard Smartphone devices, it feels light when folded. The foldable display flexes a complete 180 degree. Users can fold the device with the power of buttons attached on the top of the bar and below the camera. Overall, the device is good to go for prospective users like students who have to do their assignment problem solution, rooting for 5G Smartphones at its full potential.
LG V50 ThinkQ
The all-new LG V50 Think Q is now available for pre-order. It goes without saying that the brand is best known for its technological advancements. And the powerful second display screen with enhanced graphical add-ons is simply carrying its legacy further.
- Colour: Astro Black
- Platform: Android Pie (9.0)
- Storage: 128GB; 6GB RAM
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 855 Mobile Platform with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem.
- Expandable Memory: Available
- Network: 5G
- Camera: 16mp; 12Mp
- Display Size: 5.4 inches
The LG V50 ThinkQ has been launched at a price starting at $1,728.
In a world where most of the Smartphone users look for devices with a high-end camera, the LG V50 ThinkQ is all set to impress the crowd with its standard 80-degree lens and second 90-degree lens. If you are a fan of wide selfies offering vivid graphics, then this particular device would never fail to amaze you. Apart from that, the phone comes with a dual-screen display case, absolutely for free. This is certainly one exceptional and exciting add-on for the users.
VIVO has always been impressive with its range of technically advanced and innovative range of products. No wonder, the brand has made yet another effort to come up with a range of foldable Smartphone device, initiating with the model iQ00.
- Network: GSM/CDMA/HSPA/LTE
- Body: Dimension – 157.7 x 75.2 x 8.5 mm (6.21 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, 16M colours
- Platform: Android Pie (9); Funtouch 9
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Camera: Triple (12MP dual pixel PDAF), 13MP (Ultra wide), 2MP (depth sensor)
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5 mm jack
The VIVO iq00 is available at a price amounting to $1,000.
A budget-friendly gaming Smartphone, VIVO iq00 offers vapour chamber cooling, touch-sensitive shoulder buttons and a super-fast processor that makes every gaming experience a memorable one for the users. In addition to it, the Qualcomm ADRENO 640 graphics adapter is surely something to try out.
XIAOMI MI MIX FLEX
XIAOMI, as a Smartphone device brand has never failed to amuse its audience with its wide range of affordable yet innovative series of products. Now, with the launch of MI MIX FLEX, the brand seems to up the game for its competitors. Let’s take a look at the features associated with the device.
- Display: 6.2 inches
- Processor: Octa-Core 2.2 GHz
- RAM: 6.8 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: 20.MP +16.0MP+ 8.0MP (Autofocus and Dual- LED flash, 4k video recording)
- Secondary Camera: 25.0 mp
- Memory: 64 GB; Expandable Memory up to 128 GB
- Colours: Silver, Black, White
- Platform: ANDROID 9.0
The XIOMI MI MIX FLEX is available with a starting price of $700.
The foldable technology included in the device is a completely new addition to brand’s collection. In addition to it, the phone’s edge-to-edge display is said to be the USP which is expected to attract a decent number of gadget freaks across the globe. The phone’s dual mode (display and compact) contributes to the quirky look and feel of the model.
To Wrap Up
Now that you know about the six best foldable phones to grab this year, take some time out to compare each of the mentioned devices at digitised review portals such as:
Latest posts by Andy Alvin (see all)
- 6 Incredibly Fascinating Foldable Phones to Watch Out For 2019 – 2020 - 09:00, 14 Oct 2019